By Stan Gibilisco
Master calculus from the relaxation of home!
Want to "know all of it" in terms of calculus? This e-book promises the specialist, one-on-one guideline you wish, even if you are new to calculus or you are looking to ramp up your talents. offering easy-to-understand techniques and carefully defined workouts, math whiz Stan Gibilisco serves as your individual inner most tutor--without the price! His transparent, pleasant counsel is helping you take on the techniques and difficulties that confuse you the main and paintings via them at your personal velocity.
Train your mind comfortably! Calculus Know-It-ALL gains:
- Checkpoints that will help you music your wisdom and ability level
- Problem/solution pairs and chapter-ending quizzes to augment studying
- Fully defined solutions to all perform routines
- A multiple-choice examination to organize you for standardized exams
- "Extra credits" and "Challenge" difficulties to stretch your mind
Stan's professional information promises the knowledge to:
- Understand mappings, relatives, and functions
- Calculate limits and be sure continuity
- Differentiate and combine functions
- Analyze graphs utilizing first and moment derivatives
- Define and overview inverse functions
- Use really expert integration techniques
- Determine arc lengths, floor parts, and sturdy volumes
- Work with multivariable functions
- Take university front examinations with self belief
- And a lot more!
Read Online or Download Calculus know-it-all: beginner to advanced, and everything in between PDF
Best calculus books
This ebook is an English translation of the final French version of Bourbaki’s Fonctions d'une Variable Réelle.
The first bankruptcy is dedicated to derivatives, Taylor expansions, the finite increments theorem, convex features. within the moment bankruptcy, primitives and integrals (on arbitrary periods) are studied, in addition to their dependence with recognize to parameters. Classical features (exponential, logarithmic, round and inverse round) are investigated within the 3rd bankruptcy. The fourth bankruptcy provides a radical remedy of differential equations (existence and unicity houses of strategies, approximate recommendations, dependence on parameters) and of structures of linear differential equations. The neighborhood learn of features (comparison kin, asymptotic expansions) is taken care of in bankruptcy V, with an appendix on Hardy fields. the speculation of generalized Taylor expansions and the Euler-MacLaurin formulation are provided within the 6th bankruptcy, and utilized within the final one to the research of the Gamma functionality at the actual line in addition to at the complicated plane.
Although the subjects of the booklet are ordinarily of a sophisticated undergraduate point, they're awarded within the generality wanted for extra complicated reasons: features allowed to take values in topological vector areas, asymptotic expansions are handled on a filtered set built with a comparability scale, theorems at the dependence on parameters of differential equations are at once acceptable to the research of flows of vector fields on differential manifolds, and so forth.
The main profitable calculus ebook of its iteration, Jon Rogawski’s Calculus deals an awesome stability of formal precision and devoted conceptual concentration, aiding scholars construct robust computational abilities whereas regularly reinforcing the relevance of calculus to their destiny reports and their lives.
Advanced Variables and purposes, 8E
A lot utilized and theoretical study in usual sciences results in boundary-value difficulties said when it comes to differential equations. whilst fixing those issues of desktops, the differential difficulties are changed nearly by means of distinction schemes. This ebook is an advent to the speculation of distinction schemes, and was once written as a textbook for collage arithmetic and physics departments and for technical universities.
- k-Schur Functions and Affine Schubert Calculus
- Multivariable Advanced Calculus
- Answers to Selected Problems in Multivariable Calculus with Linear Algebra and Series
- Variational convergence for functions and operators
- Calculus of Variations and Optimal Control Theory: A Concise Introduction
Additional resources for Calculus know-it-all: beginner to advanced, and everything in between
Consider the following linear function: f (x ) = 4x − 5 What is the inverse of this? Is it a function? Practice Exercises 19 4. Consider the following linear function: g (x ) = 7 What is the inverse of this? Is it a function? 5. In the Cartesian coordinate xy plane, the equation of a circle with radius 1, centered at the origin (0,0), is x2 + y2 = 1 This particular circle is called the unit circle. Is its equation a function of x ? If so, why? If not, why not? 6. Is the equation of the unit circle, as expressed in Prob.
7. Consider the nonlinear function we graphed in Fig. 1-6: g (x) = x 2 As we saw, the inverse relation, g−1, is not a function. But it can be modified so it becomes a function of x by restricting its range to the set of positive real numbers. Show with the help of a graph why this is true. Does g−1 remain a function if we allow the range to include 0? 8. We can modify the relation g−1 from the previous problem, making it into a function of x, by restricting its range to the set of negative real numbers.
Broken" Functions 15 y 6 4 y = –3 if x < 0 y = 0 if x = 0 y = 3 if x > 0 2 x –6 –4 –2 2 4 6 –2 –4 –6 Figure 1-8 Graph of the “broken” function y = −3 if x < 0, y = 0 if x = 0, y = 3 if x > 0. A three-part function Figure 1-8 is a graph of a function where the value is −3 if the argument is negative, 0 if the argument is 0, and 3 if the argument is positive. Let’s call the function f. Then we can write f (x ) = −3 if x < 0 = 0 if x = 0 = 3 if x > 0 Even though this function takes two jumps, there are no gaps in the domain.